Milk bath. It’s a new photography trend a lot of mommy to-be’s are interested in trying. I hadn’t really thought about photographing this type of session, but when Rachel reached out to me, I thought I would give it a try. I have to say, I’m pretty happy with the results. Here are a few of my favorite images, and then some do’s and dont’s I gathered for my next milk bath!
- Use liquid milk (not the powdered milk). One gallon of whole milk worked great.
- Fresh flowers! They floated beautifully, and they smelt wonderful.
- Wear a lace gown <3
- Do not wear under garments that easily show they are wet. It helps a lot in post processing if I don’t have to edit out wet spots.
- Do not get into the tub after the flowers. The mama may cause the flowers to sink.
- Do not use hot water. It may curdle the milk. Use lukewarm, so that the mama isn’t boiling, but isn’t cold either.